Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pizza, friend and Orange Bowl Game

Woke up and stumbled to the kitchen to make my caffeine fix  (thought of Kris Kristoffersen's lyrics in Sunday Mornig sans alcohol and cigarettes). 

On the counter by the coffee pot was a note from Irv "gone to the VA to get my glasses fixed". We love the huge VA Medical Center in Atlanta (had great experiences with the VA everywhere). Getting his eyes examined and free glasses is just one benefit. So I'm up and reasonably awake after drinking half my coffee (coffee to wake up, cinnamon for my veins, Kennesaw, GA honey for my allergies and Almond Milk for my heart... eat your heart out Starbucks) when Irv calls, "I'm lost. On I-85 south, should have gone north, shouldn't I?". The answer is yes... I-75 south to I-85 north to X91 and don't get on I-285. Did you ever notice how many "5's" there are in life except for Hotlanta where GA 400 is essential.

As soon as Irv gets home, he's making his heath shake and filling his water container to go for his walk in this cold weather. He found a new park with baseball and tennis courts and... disregarding the "no golf" signs, golfers practice here so Irv collects the balls he finds and was planning to set up a table and give them out in the spring but when we picked BFF, Nancy up at her son, Greg's house last Saturday... as Greg was putting her luggage in the car, he saw the bag a baseballs and questions Irv. Turns out Greg needs balls for the team in the spring so a gift from Irv.

Irv took an abbreviated walk due to the cold so I took off the get my nails done and pick up the pizza's from Aldi's. Was gonna order for delivery from Domino's across Roswell Road from us (a good mile, if that) and discovered they were going to charge me $2.75 to deliver and taxed me not only on the pizza but... delivery as well plus I would give a tip so I said to myself... not in this life! Got a 16" supreme and Spinach, tomato and goat cheese pizza then doctored them up. Put a little olive oil and tomato, basil feta on the Spinach pizza and tomato sauce; Italian salad dressing and mega Parmesan cheese on the supreme. Yummy and... less than $10 plus my own ingredients.

Our friend from Mishkan David, Margaret (the Ohio State fan) came over for dinner and the game. I was really torn as who to root for because, of course Margaret but... our dear friends from the keys, Sandy and James are from SC and ardent Clemson fans but discretion being the better part of valor and since we cheered for Clemson last year when we went to the Chick-fil-A Bowl, we cheered for the Buckeyes. It's been a sad bowl season for us... GA Tech, GA, MD, AL and now the Buckeyes lost. Our last hope is Auburn!!!

Enough writing time... gotta take down the Christmas decorations.

No comments: