Sunday, January 5, 2014

Keeping commitments to myself

I shared with my Granddaughter, Emily at lunch the other day that in 2014 my commitment to God is to grow in my spiritual walk by not procrastinating for a start. She asked, "What does that have to do with your spiritual walk? A good question from a girl graduating from a Bible College so I gave her the easy answer. God expects me to "do the next right thing" to honor Him and... doing what needs to be done before I do what I want to do is the "next right thing" so... today is the day I take the Christmas Decorations down. I wanted to leave them up so our friend could enjoy them as we watched the Orange Bowl. Why does it seem to take as much time to take them down as put them up... when so many decisions have to be made to put them is just the right place? Regardless, I got them all down and on the dining room table so I can pack them up in Step 2. During the process God blessed me twofold... 1. had NFL playoff football games to keep me company as I worked and; 2. Irv suggested we had leftover pizza for dinner. Praise the Lord. To tired to cook!

I took time off from my work to watch with Irv... my son, Matthew's friend C.A.M. Wagner's memorial service live streaming on the computer from McLean Bible Church in Northern Virginia. Matthew met him when they both were on the DC Board of Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Scriptures were read from the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Bible. The service was two hour long and very inspiring. I could easily see why Matthew loved C.A.M. so much and took his loss so hard. Hearing the testimony (s) of his life certainly inspired me to do as the Big Book of AA in the 4th Step... take a fearless and moral inventory of my life and walk with the Lord in this year of my seeking God more deeply.


My BFF, Nancy's son's family attended McLean Bible Church when they lived in Northern Virginia. I think it is so precious that a Messianic Jew is their pastor. "McLean Bible Church is a non-denominational, evangelical Christian megachurch with multiple locations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Lon Solomon, a Jewish convert to Christianity, has been MBC's senior pastor since 1980. Solomon also serves on the board of directors of Jews for Jesus and was appointed by President George W. Bush to the President's Committee for Intellectual Disabilities. An average of 13,000 adults attend each weekend across the church’s several campuses.[1] McLean Bible Church holds weekly worship services across many locations, or campuses, around the DC area. The church offers live webcasts of its Sunday services. The vision statement of McLean Bible Church is to "make an impact on secular Washington with the message of Jesus Christ."

Starving, so I ate my leftover Southwestern egg rolls from dinner at Chili's with Michael, Cam and Grace on December 23rd. Made a dipping sauce of sour cream, garlic and onion powder with a teaspoon of Cumin. Yum, Yum. Irv ate Pizza. We are working on finishing the Mascarpone Lemon Cheesecake I bought as desert at Aldi's for the Orange Bowl. Again... Yum, Yum!!!

Now I'm filled and it's time to assume the prone position on the sofa with my little furry heater on my legs, Jack the Cat and... watch the last game. Goodnight to all.

No comments: