Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bringing 2013 to a close with family

After God... my two favorite things is family and football. When I'm able to combine the two, it's the berry, berry best!!!  

Irv and I met Cousin Lanny and his lovely wife, Diane at The Varsity (great greasy food) for dinner then headed down to the GA Dome for the 
Chick-fil-A Bowl Game... Texas A&M vs Duke. It's not a matter of who I like best, rather who I hate least which turns out to be Duke and... of course they lost but we had a wonderful time in our plush leather seats on the 50 yard line in the Verizon Club Lounge section. After the game, we got out of the Dome and the parking garage quickly but somehow my police officer cousin, Lanny (who hasn't been downtown recently) lost his way. We ended up in a bad (his words) neighborhood where we heard what I thought was fireworks but Irv, Lanny and Diane identified a gunshots... pop, pop, pop, pop!!! I wasn't alarmed because my Uncle Charlie always shot his gun on holidays and... let us shoot it as well. Lanny reminded me, we don't live in that world anymore and gunshots are something to be concerned about so he got "his" licensed to carry gun out of the glove box and put it in his lap. 

Did I forget to mention that Lanny is a retired police officer who has been on the Swat Team and a detective?  


Could have told him angels had the car surrounded!!! Our adventure ended quickly and we were on the bright and shining road back to The Varsity to pick up our car. On the way home, Irv and I talked about how good it is to be with family and... how much he loves being in Atlanta (I vote for that). So we bring 2013 to a close.

No comments: